Texting is simple.
64% of consumers would rather text for customer support than call, if given the option between the two.
20 Reasons Why SMS should be in your marketing and communications mix
1. 90% of business leads would rather receive a text message than a phone call. FranchiseHelp.
2. 47% of consumers prefer using native SMS as their messaging app of choice. Facebook Messenger follows this at 21%. (Twilio)
3. 64% of consumers would rather text for customer support than call, if given the option between the two. ESPN
4. 99% text open rate. Singlepoint
5. 95% of texts are read within three minutes. Forbes
6. 64% of consumers are likely to perceive a company contacting them by text in a positive light. Harris Interactive.
7. 90 seconds is the average response time for a text message. CTIA.org.
8. 45% of text messages receive a response, compared to 6% of emails. This is why two-way text campaigns are so important. Velocify
9. 75% of all Millennials would rather communicate via text. Mobile Marketing Watch
10. 79% of companies believe customers want SMS support, and 1 in 5 customers is just as likely to prefer a text message from a business to a phone call. ICMI
11. SMS text decreases the price of a customer service call from $6-$20 call to pennies per session. Forrester & ContactBabel
12. 29% of targeted customers will respond to text messages and 47% of those responders go on to make a purchase. Emarsys
13. 24% of marketers plan to add messaging to their content strategy in the next year. (HubSpot, State of Inbound)
14. 27% click through rate on messages with rich media Links. Oxygen 8
15. 33% of American adults prefer texts to all other forms of communication—regardless of who is sending that text or what the message is about. Pew Study
16. 78% of consumers polled wished they could text a business, but most businesses don’t have this option available. Twilio
17. 38% of contact centers currently offer SMS, and 23% plan on adding it within the next 12 months. Dimension Data
18. Business activities do consumers prefer to do by text. Harris Poll?
a. Check order status (38%)
b. Schedule or change an appointment (32%)
c. Confirm reservations (31%)
19. 79% of bosses approve of using text messaging for business purposes.
20. Response rates from SMS are 209% higher than from phone calls, Facebook, or email.